Skip to main content

Day 17 -- My bucket list?

10 things I've always wanted to do that I haven't done (yet)


1. Travel outside the United States. I'd love to go almost anywhere in Europe. In a pinch, Canada would suffice, since it's close.

2. Write a book. I've written ideas for books. I've written chapters for books never finished. I need to just DO IT.

3. Go back to school full time. I have no idea what I'd study. I wish I felt passionate about something that I could translate into a career.

4. Win the lottery so I can either write a book or go back to school full time. People always say that money doesn't solve problems. I'd like to form my own opinion on that subject.

5. Visit New York City.
It's odd, but 9/11 actually made me want to see the city even more.

6. See the Atlantic Ocean. Or any ocean other than the one I've seen.

7. Smoke pot. But if you're my mom, you didn't just read that. Or maybe you did, and aren't you proud of me for having never done that?!

8. Be in the studio audience of a TV show taping. Maybe Letterman or The View (on a day when Elisabeth Hasselbeck is out touring with Ann Coulter). Or perhaps Oprah. I'm not her biggest fan, but I like the free stuff she hands out.

9. Own a Scottish terrier. Maybe someday. We saw a scottie pup over the weekend, which rekindled my interest in the cocky, black cuties.

10. Live somewhere that's warm and sunny year-round. The older I get, the less my emotional state tolerates cold and snow. But I don't see my situation changing anytime soon, so I guess I'd better invest in heavier coats and bright lighting.

Comments

AnneR said…
1. Yes.
2. I want to READ your book.
3. It's a mixed blessing.
4. I'm willing to join your money/happiness experiment.
5. YES!
6. It's wet.
7. I have a funny not-smoking-pot story that I'll tell you when you visit.
8. Letterman was a ton of fun and yes, the studio is freezing. I want to go to the Martha Stewart show. Her audience got $500 blenders the other day. (Not that I know why anyone would WANT a $500 blender.)
9. I have my own dog fetish.
10. I'll visit that warm place when the move happens! I recommend dry heat.
Amy said…
Thanks for playing, Anne! I want to be in an audience the day they give away the $1,200 cappucino maker. And as for new careers being a mixed blessing, I guess life, like people, can never be perfect. But oh if it were so...

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...