Skip to main content

Day 8 -- Busted!

Right now you should be doing ______ instead of being on the computer.


Most days my fill-in-the-blank answer would be "just about anything." I occasionally find myself ignoring my kid or my hubby or my dog or my bundle of house chores to take a "Which powerful woman in history are you?" quiz on Facebook or to update my FB status with some completely banal rundown of my lame existence.

However, I have to admit I've done a whole lot of somethings this weekend that make my occasional cop-a-squat on the couch with my laptop a lot less pathetic. In the past two days I've:

-- Knit several inches on a sock.
-- Started a sewing project (I'm making a patchwork tote-ish bag).
-- Visited Tim's aunt, who is rehabbing a severely broken leg.
-- Gone to spinning for 80 minutes.
-- Went on a short outside bike ride.
-- Walked the dog.
-- Cooked and cleaned and laundered (sans snotty towels, thank you very much).
-- Read a book.
-- Snuggled on the couch with my honey.
-- Read to my kiddo and been read to by him.
-- Played games with my kiddo.
-- Shopped for groceries.
-- Finished two blog posts, including this fine one.

So I'm giving myself a free pass. I'm allowed to surf the Net. At least for the next 10 minutes.

Comments

Tim said…
In case anyone is keeping track. I laundered a snotty towel. I'd do that over giving the dog a bath (I did that too) any day.
AnneR said…
I hadn't felt guilty about all my surfing until I read your post, and now I feel bad. I'm going to try keeping my laptop in my office instead of letting it camp out in the living room. That should work... for about 48 hours. Though I'm hoping maybe it'll be an incentive to keep my desk clean.

Yeah, right.

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.

Looking Forward

I just discovered this blog was still around (and miraculously, I remembered the password). I think I might kick the tires and take it out for a spin.  Our world has been in lockdown for a year, suffering a pandemic that has killed nearly 550,000 in the United States and 2.7 million globally. We've worn masks, maintained physical distance of at least 6 feet from others, washed and sanitized our hands, worked and schooled from home, dealt with (of all things) a toilet paper shortage, and given up most of our favorite activities (restaurant dining, movie theaters, live performances, family gatherings, and so on). We've endured people's stupidity, ignorance, racism, xenophobia, selfishness, indifference. We've also celebrated the "essential worker," those who put their lives at risk to make ours safer: grocery store employees, delivery drivers, healthcare professionals, educators ... all those whose jobs help ensure continuity of our country's infrastructure