Skip to main content

Honey, can you run an errand...

Breaking news from the Associated Press: Lottery officials say my husband is much more likely to become filthy rich than most of the rest of y'all.

DES MOINES (AP) - Feeling lucky? You might be if you're a Tim or a Kellie.

Those were the luckiest names for men and women playing Iowa Lottery games since the lottery started in 1985.

The lottery's acting CEO, Ken Brickman, says the agency did a records check to determine the names of people who won prizes of more than $100,000.

So should I change my name to further increase the odds? Nah. I'll spread the luck around, give someone else a chance.

But Tim, you'll need to make a stop on the way home. Those numbers from your last fortune cookie were 3 14 22 29 37. Make 'em count.

Comments

Brianne said…
Ken Brickman? Sounds like a Simpsons character...

Tell Tim to pick up LOTS of lottery tickets!!!

On the other hand, maybe this story was a tricky ruse by the Lottery people to give all the Tims and Kellies of the state false hope....
Anonymous said…
This is strangely true. I have won the lottery three times, ranging from $125,000 to $23.3 Million\

Timothy Kelly
Tim said…
I almost bought a ticket at the gas station on the way to work this morning. The prize was only about $15 million. Since it's obvious I'm going to win eventually, I want to win at least $50 million.

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...