Skip to main content

And so we talk about the weather...

Oh, the things I could write. The things I could tell you. The shocking insights I could relay. The secrets I could tell. The sharp, witty, cutting-edge observations I could make.

If only my blog were read by people I didn't know.

Comments

Hmmmm... something is telling me that you have something you want to say... sounds like you need an ANONYMOUS blog...

just be sure to tell us what the address is...
Brianne said…
You can't write something like that and NOT say what's on your mind. :)
Amy said…
Really, there's nothing specific. It's just that every time I turn around, I'm cackling at something that I'd love to write about on my blog if only my mommy didn't read it, or some other random relative, or a friend who knows another friend who knows the goofball I want to write about.

If there's something completely juicy, I'll email you personally. :-)
Chilly Dog said…
Hi Amy. Don't blame this on your mother. If she reads all of what you write and still likes you anyway, you can tell her (and the rest of us) your secrets.
Chilly Dog
Dorothy---if you are reading this, you should give me a doggie treat for standing up for you on this....
Cherie Moore said…
Wow, Chilly's using the web to beg for doggie treats!!
Chilly Dog said…
Hi Zoofan. As an experienced dog, I have learned never to end a conversation without asking for a treat. Kind of how a politician is always asking for money.
Even when my brother went to the vet today, I made sure that my owner brought me some treats back.

Chilly Dog

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...