Skip to main content

Miracles Do Happen

It's the first time in my life that I wanted to grab the camera, run into the bathroom and photographically document the toilet's contents.

Henry FINALLY did it. He pooped. In the potty. With no coaching. No begging or pleading. And only a little bribery. He now has a shiny new set of three train cars.

The first time's the key, right? This means he'll ALWAYS, now and forevermore, poop in the potty.

Ok. So I'm not that stupid.

But we're a little closer...to the day when I don't react to Henry's bowel movements with screaming, hugging, dancing around the living room, and bribing with toy trains.

I'm sick of this shit. Literally. (And pardon my language.)

Comments

Jenni said…
Congratulations to Henry!!! May this be the start of a beautiful pottying experience!

We had our own potty miracle last night - M slept in undies (by choice) for the first time EVER and didn't have any trouble. :)

Ahhhh... sweet children...
Jenni said…
Congratulations to Henry!!! May this be the start of a beautiful pottying experience!

We had our own potty miracle last night - M slept in undies (by choice) for the first time EVER and didn't have any trouble. :)

Ahhhh... sweet children...
Jenni said…
Sorry for the double post. Somehow I have two blogger accounts?!?!?!? I am soooo confused. Anyway, congrats to the whole family!!!!
Brianne said…
ALRIGHT HENRY!!!! :)

That is wonderful and exciting news for you guys! Hopefully this continues. I can only imagine the frustration you've been feeling. Give the little man a pat on the back from me!

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

Who knew...

'Tis the season for bridal bliss. 'Tis also the season for the accompanying reception dance. And what's a wedding reception without that most unique of all marriage celebration dance numbers: The Chicken Dance. You know the drill. Polka starts, beak-quacking hand gestures, flapping, butt shimmying, and clapping ensue. A fun time is had by all (especially if there's an open bar). What you may not know is that: 1. This oom-pah song's origins rest with a Swiss according player named Werner Thomas who wrote it, most accounts say, in the 1950s. It originally was called the Duck Dance. 2. It is NOT German or Austrian, despite the images its roll-out-the-barrel-ish feelings it might conjure up. 3. A fellow named Norm Edlebeck, who was a bandleader from Wisconsin, introduced America to the Chicken Dance on TV's PM Magazine in 1982. 4. More than 140 versions of it have been recorded worldwide, including Walt Disney Records, together making more than 40,000,000 records (o...