1. Politics. Everyone hates everyone else. No one listens. Lots of people are nuttier than I am. It's amazing anything ever gets done.
2. The Weather. From mid January to early April, it just simply sucks. At least, here, anyway. It's probably delightful in Florida or Australia or somewhere where I'm not.
3. House cleaning. It doesn't matter how well you do it once. You're just going to have to do it again. That holds true for laundry, dishes, and working out.
4. Glasses. They're always half empty with me. Sorry. Just the way my brain works. If you're searching for Patty Positive, you'll have to look elsewhere.
5. A size 4. No matter how much I diet, nevermind how many running miles I log or the exorbitant number of ab crunches I complete, I am fairly sure I will never squeeze myself into size 4 jeans. Perhaps later this year I will prove myself completely wrong. Or vanity sizing will treat me kindly.
Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute. -- G.B. Stern
It's easy to cry when you realize that everyone you love will reject you or die. -- Chuck Palahniuk
A pessimist is somebody who complains about the noise when opportunity knocks. -- Oscar Wilde