Five foods I hate
This is a big deal because when I started doing this, I thought it might be possible that I wouldn't be able to come up with five. I love food. Even mediocre food. I love sweet and savory, spicy and salty, rich and all natural. But these...YUK...
1. Gnocci: I don't know whether I cooked it wrong or what, but it was slimy and squishy and tasted like dirty gym socks. OR what I imagine they would taste like. We threw it out and I think we ordered pizza or something. (And for those of you still back at the beginning going, "What is it?" it's Italian potato dumpling pasta.)
2. Liver and onions: I have relatives who would order this at a restaurant if we went out to eat. I have memories of my mom making it when I was a kid. No amount of ketchup puts a positive spin on something that tastes like you licked a dirt road.
3. Orange cream yogurt: I don't know whether my dislike is strong enough for "hate," but eating this makes my tongue taste filmy. I like oranges. I love cream. Just don't dig them together.
4. Beef stew: I've made it many times. I don't know why. I really don't like it at all. It's so bland and boring. And if you leave the veggies in the crock pot too long, it's so mushy, too.
5. Lemon merangue pie: Combined with number 3, I think I might have a slight aversion to citrus. Just thinking about it makes my lips purse. I'd take any pie at all, even rhubarb, over lemon.
Great. Now I'm thinking about pie. Coconut cream. And it's 7:25 a.m.