Top things that make me wish I could go back to bed and start over again:
1. Corey Haim is dead. That's the headline in the entertainment rags this a.m. The star of Lucas, The Lost Boys, and a host of lame teen flicks from the '80s apparently had a drug overdose. Watch out Other Corey (Corey Feldman)...these things often come in threes. Quick...who's the third Corey?
2. I woke up with a sore throat. I'm currently taking bets as to whether it's allergies or a virus. I'm guessing allergies. If I had to pinpoint, I'd say mold spores. We currently reside in a swamp.
3. We're not supposed to see the sun until sometime next week. That certainly doesn't help the drying-out process. Of course, neither does the rain we're supposed to get through Saturday.
4. I have no editing work to do, which means I'm going to have to work on coming up with my goals for this upcoming year. These will be goals that support the overarching goals of our company. And "I will work hard and meet my deadlines" isn't a goal. It's a "given," according to the brass. So I guess I have to actually put thought into it.
5. I have a splinter in my middle finger. Ow.