Skip to main content

Organize me, baby

I just bought a label maker. And I was nearly giggling with glee. Imagine the possibilities. This little machine could change my life.

Well, let's not go overboard. But I am envisioning the labels helping me to get a handle on my organization...or lack therof...in many areas of my world.

I used to be organized. No joke. I made lists of my to-do lists. I probably color-coded them and put them in alphabetical order. I once thought my life would cease if anything ever happened to my Franklin planner.

Now, I'm lucky to get out the door in the morning with matching shoes on my feet. I'm not going to blame Henry for my disarray and my sheer laziness. I just think that somewhere along the way, I had to prioritize. Playing with my kid and snuggling with my hubby on the couch (and a little knitting just for me) came before arranging the pantry foods in perfectly straight rows or hanging the clean laundry in neat sections -- shirts, then pants, then skirts, then jackets. Don't even get me started on the need to mop the kitchen floor. I think, actually, that the linoleum is beyond all hope. It is destined to be that shade of dryer-lint gray forever.

Maybe the label maker will change all that. Plus, I bought Rubbermaid containers in an array of sizes and lid colors. Maybe my Suzy Homemaker stars are aligned.

In fact, I swear I'm not making this up, I just looked up my horoscope for today. This is what it says:

In your opinion, life is far too short to waste on organizing and categorizing. You'd much rather go out and play with interesting, unusual people and leave the scrubbing to others more comfortable with the task. At the moment, however, you're actually in the mood to clean, and as usual, you won't be doing it halfway. You might try to stop yourself before you wash the paint off the walls, though -- unless you want to stay up all night painting too.

Comments

Crystal said…
Ah the fellow Sag.... I read that this morning and thought... this one was soooo not meant for me today! LOL! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel