Skip to main content

Dancing with the Stars, Amy Style

I've been wanting to do this for a while...make my picks for the next DWTS cast. There's a fine balance. You have to make sure to include the right mix of actors, musicians, pretty people, athletes, odd ducks, and such. I'm not sure I have it just right. And I'm probably too light on the young folks. I'm out of touch, what can I say? I didn't even bother choosing any ultra famous people, like Tim's suggestion of Steve Carell, who'd be terrific and slapsticky, but who has more money and fame (and projects) than he knows what to do with and simply wouldn't have the time or inclination to join in.

I didn't include a pro football player this time, but if I thought about it more, I'd pick one of those big guys with the braids/dreadlocks. It'd be fun to see them sashay-ing around the dance floor, whapping their hair into their professional partner. (As a complete digression...how many times a game do you think they get not-so-playful yanks from the opponents? OUCH!)

Here it is. Lemme know what you think:

George Brett
, former Kansas City Royals baseball player, most famous for the "pine tar" incident

Chris Evert, former tennis star and whipping girl to Martina Navratilova

Tim Allen, actor/comedian, best known for "Home Improvement"

Tracey Gold, actress from "Growing Pains" and former anorexic and drunk driver

Sade, singer-songwriter who had a hit with "Smooth Operator" in the '80s

Dooce
(Heather Armstrong), online phenom, writer, artist, and ex-Mormon who got fired from her job for blogging about her job

August Busch IV, Anheuser-Busch bigwig (or at least he was before the foreign company bought them out)

Danica Patrick, race car driver and Go Daddy! pitch person (this one's a stretch...I can't see her agreeing to do it. Plus, the last race car driver to participate is now looking at time in the pokey for tax evasion.)

Kid Rock, Country crossover rapper singer/musician (this just makes me giggle)

Antwon Tanner, "One Tree Hill" actor who I do not know, but I needed some diversity on my list and I doubted Michael Jordan would sign up for such silliness

Tom Selleck, formerly big-mustachioed actor (My alternative here would be Richard Dean Anderson aka MacGyver.)

Jenna Jameson, multi-million-dollar porn star diva

One of the girls from Gossip Girls or The Hills, just because I need a younger woman to attract the kids-demographic, but I'm not being specific because I have no idea who any of them are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...