11.05.2008

Time to Unite

The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America -- I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you -- we as a people will get there...

While the Democratic Party has won a great victory tonight, we do so with a measure of humility and determination to heal the divides that have held back our progress...

To those Americans whose support I have yet to earn -- I may not have won your vote, but I hear your voices, I need your help, and I will be your president too.

-- Barack Obama, presidential acceptance speech, Nov. 4, 2008

4 comments:

Brianne said...

Totally shallow moment here: Is it just me or is Rahm Emanuel smokin' hot??

Tom said...

Very touching indeed! There have been a number of good speeches since last night. McCain's comments in his concession speech were very nice, and today some very touching comments by Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell, which I just posted to my blog -- I hope you don't mind me linking over.

Amy said...

Bri -- Way to get at the heart of the issues!!! :-) Actually, I predict George Clooney will play him in the movie...

Brianne said...

Yeah. I'm deep. :) I really do care about the issues. Just... YOWZA. :)