10.14.2008

Talent galore

The most recent Henry joke:

Q: Why did the banana go to the doctor?

A: Because it wasn't peeling well.

**********

Henry sat at the table, waiting for his dinner and angelically singing a catchy little tune about the days of the week. "Sun-day, Mon-day, Tues-day, Wed-nes-day, Thurs-day, Fri-day, Sa-tur-dayyyyy"

Awww, I thought. How sweet.

Then Tim asked with a mischievous grin, "Hey Henry, what was that song we were learning in the car on the way home?"

Henry thought for a moment, then belted out in a growling baritone that more likely belonged in a biker bar: "Ya got mud on ya face, ya big disgrrrrace...kickin' ya can all over the place."

My 4-year-old. The new star of classic rock.

(For my mother and others of a certain age--or, maybe, rabid Josh Groban fans--who have no clue what I'm talking about, click here.)

1 comment:

Brianne said...

I am 100% positive that my dad still wants to teach Henry the song he taught you. :)