9.22.2008

Sock it to me

Thanks to an inspiring blog post from my friend Anne, who a few months ago learned to knit socks and has been posting her successes, I kicked my own butt in gear and managed to not only create one sock but actually an entire pair. These snuggly, slipper-sock style ones are made from Opal Sock Yarn, which knits up in these funky, stripey patterns. I'm working on my second pair now, which will be for Tim. He has big feet. I'm not sure they'll actually fit him.

Details, details...


4 comments:

AnneR said...

They're awesome, Amy!! Welcome to sock knitting addiction. I love how the self stripey knits up. I'm looking forward to buying some of Opal's Harry Potter sock yarn when it comes out this fall. Glad to have coaxed you into the land of socks! It's payback for you being one of the people who made me want to learn how to knit. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow! These are way cuter than I imagined! I think the stripes are more impressive than plain would be. I may just have to try some myself! See how you have inspired me to test my "comfort zone?" First the beret, then the preemie caps. . .
mom

Crystal said...

Dang! Those look comfy and warm! I could use a pair of those for work! (I keep a pair of regular ole socks in my drawer... ) It's FREEZING in my office, I shouldn't have to dress like it's winter in the summer dang it!!!! LOL!

Cherie said...

Wow! I've been telling myself, "I can NOT get into another hobby" but those socks look so terrific I may give in to the temptation.