Skip to main content

Amy's Jam

In no particular order:

Bow Down Mister - Culture Club
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers
Hey Mama - Black Eyed Peas
Mr. Brightside - The Killers
Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals
Love Shack - B52s
Wild Boys - Duran Duran
MMM Bop - Hanson
Two Princes - Spin Doctors
SexyBack - Justin Timberlake
Numb - Linkin Park
Walking on Sunshine - Katrina and the Waves
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N Roses
Get Ready for This - 2 Unlimited
Mickey - Toni Basil
Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men
YMCA - The Village People
Rock this Town - Brian Setzer
Break the Ice - Brittney Spears
Shut up and Drive - Rihanna
Song for the Lonely - Cher
Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani

Comments

Brianne said…
I have SEVERAL!!! Here are a select few that I like to work out to:
1. Chemical Calisthenics - Blackalicious

2. Boom Boom Boom Boom - Venga Boys

3. Breathe - Michelle Branch

4. Bust It - Young MC

5. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel

6. Nasty - Janet Jackson

7. Reptilia - The Strokes

8. Groove Is In the Heart - DeeeLite

9. I Will Survive - Cake

10. Blister In the Sun - Violent Femmes

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...