Skip to main content

A few words from the guy who got my caucus support last time


The Democratic Party has never been healthier. Just look at the vigorous presidential primary we've got on our hands. Right now, every one of the Democratic campaigns is working around the clock to become our nominee, and any of them would be a great choice.

But when the dust settles and people like you pick our nominee, the real challenge will begin. This time, though, it won't be a debate of ideas with fellow Democrats. It will be against a Republican machine eager to redeem its losses in 2006, fighting to extend George Bush's policies for another four years.

Stand up and show our candidates, our opponents, and the country just how strong the Democratic Party is by joining me in a pledge to support the Democratic candidate for President in 2008 - no matter who wins. When we have a nominee, they'll know that thousands of Democrats from across the country are united - even if they may not have supported them in the primary.

Click to Get United

Every one of the Republican front-runners - Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Mike Huckabee and John McCain - would continue President Bush's failed policies. America can't take a third Bush term, but that is all the Republicans offer. They believe that President Bush's war in Iraq is a success. We believe that it's time to bring our troops home. They support President Bush's pardon of White House Aide Scooter Libby. We believe in widespread ethics reform legislation to clean up the mess in Washington. They agree with President Bush's veto of children's health insurance funding. We believe that no parent should have to worry about whether or not they can afford to take their children to a doctor.

No matter who you plan to vote for in the primary, there's one simple fact we can all agree on: Any one of our candidates will be better than four more years of failed Republican policies.

Pledge your support for the Democratic nominee in 2008, and then ask your friends to do the same. Everyone - from the nominee to the media to the Republicans - should know just how many people are behind our candidate this year.

Help us make a big statement:

Click here to Get United

Thanks for signing on,

Howard Dean

Comments

Brianne said…
"Instead, they [the Republicans] are recycling tired gimmicks and hoping for a new result. All the while, offering more of the same."

Now - isn't one of the definitions of insanity repeating the same action and expecting different results?

If a damn Republican wins, I'm moving to England.

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.