Skip to main content

Customer service is a four-letter word. So's IHOP

I just got off the phone with the not-so-friendly general manager of our local IHOP, who called to talk about the complaint I filed.

So I launched into the tale, becoming more anxious and emotional by the moment. By the time I got to the part where the police called, I was practically spewing bile.

The man listened to me rant, then agreed that "if indeed" we had that kind of service, it was not acceptable. Sensing a "but" in here?

This is what he said: "If it were my family, if it had been me, I would have demanded to see the manager and stood up at the cash register until I saw him. I'm sure he would've made everything right, with a discount or something."

So apparently, calmly asking the waitress three times (THREE TIMES) to see the manager was where we went wrong in this situation. We should've thrown a holy-Mother-of-God fit in the middle of the restaurant, maybe with some stomping and yelling and cursing and pounding fists on the table. Demanded. My ass.

And of course he asked if there was anything he could do to change our minds about coming back to IHOP.

I said not a damn thing. I said every time we drive by the mall and see the IHOP, we're going to have negative feelings and say negative things about it. We're going to share our tale with all our friends and family (and anyone on the Internet who comes across this blog).

I do have to say that they were fairly quick to respond to our complaint. Happened on Sunday, got an e-mail and a phone call by Wednesday. Their service at the restaurant should be so quick -- although it literally FELT like we were there four days before we got our food.

IHOPE IHOP goes out of business.

Comments

Brianne said…
What a condescending asshole! What did he say when you told him you asked three times to see a manager? That manager was probably cowering in the back.

Unfortunately, a place like IHOP will not go out of business because there will always be kids and drunk people who go there at 2 in the morning or whenever. It's a shame.

I will never go there again though. I prefer Perkins anyway. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.