Skip to main content

Caustic

Syndicated columnist, author and queen of mean Ann Coulter hawked her new book on Today show this week. She mocked terrorism victims. And she shocked the country.

Matt Lauer, Today show host, called her on the carpet about remarks she makes in the book aimed at activist 9/11 widows. Among her bitter rants was the charge that the widows were nothing but "self obsessed" and celebrity-seeking "broads" who are "enjoying" their husbands' deaths "so much."

My niece wrote me to say, "I am dying to hear your opinion on the latest Ann Coulter comment. She is the anti-Christ. I firmly believe this."

Brianne ... I think this might be an insult to Satan.

Who does this nasty bitch think she is?

If it wouldn't boost her sales numbers, I think I'd buy her book and then burn it. I understand free speech, but I don't understand inhumanity.

I think even die-hard, brickheaded, right-wing wackos would have trouble swallowing this vile bile. Coulter has no common sense, no decorum, no compassion, no heart.

She also has no money from me. She can take her book and shove it someplace appropriate. It's shit, after all.

Comments

Brianne said…
I read somewhere that even hardcore republicans ARE against her comments. Which is one good thing at least. Oh - and in one of her other books, she called Katie Couric an "affable Eva Braun." And then Katie had to interview her. She is just... just... PURE EVIL! She talks about Democrats as if they're animals, wanting to live in NYC to "observe them in their natural habitat."

Well she just better hope she doesn't run into me. I'd kick her horse-faced bony ass.

Popular posts from this blog

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal. ...

IHATE IHOP Update

Tim went a few rounds, verbally, with the IHOP manager on Sunday and ended up getting our meal for half price. He still had to pay, though. I do not think that these people understand the severity of their incompetence. Or perhaps they just do not care. Someone commented to us that perhaps we should tell the IHOP folks what happened to the last restaurant that did us wrong. Recall the lactating masses who came out in support of us when we were booted from Hoover House restaurant in West Branch because I refused to breastfeed my baby in the bathroom? Remember the stories that ran in every newspaper and on every TV news show in the state -- and beyond? I'd like to point out that the Hoover House (which interestingly enough doubled as a venue for wet T-shirt contests on weekends) went out of business after our little incident. And for those of you who were befuddled and wondering how the police got involved on Sunday...someone from IHOP took the time to run out and write down our lice...

In memoriam...

I remember the first time I heard the name "Les Anderson." A bunch of Wichita State University communication majors were sitting around on campus, talking about classes they planned to take. Several people warned me: watch out for Les Anderson. He was tough. He had a murderous grading scale. It was nearly impossible to get an A. They weren't kidding. But he wasn't tough just to be a tyrant. From his teaching sprang a fleet of incredible, successful journalists, writers, editors, broadcasters, public relations experts, advertisers, non-profit professionals...I could go on and on. Most importantly, he created a legion of people who wanted to make a difference in the world. The greatest gift Les gave to them all? He believed in them, cared about them for their own personal stories as well as the stories they told for class assignments or in the pages of his hometown newspaper. Les was my teacher. My boss. My mentor. My conscience. My champion. My friend. When I started c...