Skip to main content

Say wha?

I don't know if Blogger readers ever noticed, but there's a link on every blog that leads to the writer's profile. And within the profile, there's a feature that generates random questions or comments such as the one that has been on mine for months: Unlike a dog, how can a turtle ever be naked?

The writer is prompted to provide a response. Mine for the dog and turtle show was, "We're all naked when we expose our souls."

Whatever that's supposed to mean, I'm not even sure.

So I decided to update my profile's random jibberish. The feature's addictive. I clicked through 13 before I came to The One. The rejects:

When you spilled the milk, did it look like the moon?

Create a tagline for a new line of plastic bedsheets.

If there's no "I" in team, why is there meat?

You're in the grocery store with a broken cart. How will you ever be that hungry?

Foxes are clever and tigers are cunning. So, what's your cat's safety school?

You can whistle and steam can whistle, so why do you sing in the shower?

For your birthday, your aunt gave you a maple syrup dispenser shaped like a rooster. Please write her a thank-you note:

You've written a hit musical! How will you avoid having fame go to your head?

If you drive on a parkway why don't they make the whole plane out of that?

Your people want to make a statue in your honor. What will it be made out of and what victory will it commemorate?

How tall would you be if you had never cut your fingernails?

Your pajamas have duckies on them. Why did you switch from choo-choos?

When you hesitate before hitting snooze on your alarm clock, are you being lazy?

Here was my winner:

If you were a cannibal, what would you wear to dinner?
I ate his liver wearing some Levi Jeans and a nice thong panty

Silence of the Lambs fans...you'll get that reference. Everyone else thinks I'm a freak right about now.

And readers, feel free to post with your responses to any of the random musings. I'm taking a break. My brain hurts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your people want to make a statue in your honor. What will it be made out of and what victory will it commemorate?

Chocolate. Who cares as long as there's 200 pounds of chocolate to eat before it melts!
FletcherDodge said…
I used to eat only natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
Brianne said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brianne said…
Whoever came up with these questions had to be stoned out of their mind.

I found one I liked and gave it a Dave Barry-inspired answer. I accidentally passed over it the first time and it took me a good half hour to find it again. It was the only one that sounded partially sane.

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.