Skip to main content

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs

Hey baby, what's your sign?

Read that line and think polyester leisure suit, gold chains in chest hair, and Three's Company reruns.

I've never been one to buy into that whole astrology bit, believing that how you act and think and feel is based on what time of the year you were born. However, I've been analyzing my behaviors in the past few months and have discovered a very scary thing.

Hi, my name is Amy, and I'm a sagittarian.

I found this basic description of sags and, I must grudgingly admit, that it's like a window into my serotonin-soaked soul. When I'm not on my meds, I'm a depressed, whiny sort. When popping pills does its thing, voila, the archer in me draws back her bow...

If you were born under the sign of Sagittarius you are enthusiastic, just, straightforward, freedom-loving, philosophical, of a warm and friendly aura, generous, and broadminded. You may also be pushy, self-indulgent and pleasure-seeking, blunt, exaggerative, impatient, restless, talkative, and hot-headed.


My husband's response to reading this was, "Dingdingdingding."

He was a bit disturbed to find out that my fire sign, Sagittarius, and his water sign, Cancer, seem as though they are complete opposites. I reminded him that yes, opposites do attract, and I think that's what makes us a good pair. We balance each other out. If he weren't around, I'd max out all my credit cards. If I weren't around, he'd never have anyone to fight with. OK, so maybe that's why our marriage counselor says we have a little work to do. :-)

I feel a newfound sense of freedom after reading this description of myself. It gives me permission to celebrate the fact that I have no patience. That I'm nosy and I yap too much and I fly off the handle so easily. It's just part of who I am. Love me for who I am, people! I'm in great company. Other sagittarians include Winston Churchill, Mark Twain, Beethoven, Jane Austen, Jimi Hendrix, and Jim Morrison.

How fun!

Then I looked up my son's sign. He's a scorpio.

If you were born under the sign of Scorpio the Scorpion you are intense, passionate, resourceful, determined, penetrating, aware, and investigative. You may also be tempermental, sarcastic, jealous, secretive, suspicious, vengeful, and violent.


Another site says that "Scorpio is reputedly the most sexually magnetic, smoulderingly charismatic and psychologically penetrating sign of the zodiac."

Oh help me...when he reaches 16...

IF you believe in all that. What a bunch of hooey. Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.