Skip to main content

I can't deal

I'm not quite sure how I will get through tomorrow. Many others feel the same way. So the following is a list of lovely liberal tasks to do as an alternative to watching the horror that is Dubya's second inauguration. (At least it will be his last.)

1. Plant a tree.
2. Join the Sierra Club.
3. Enjoy an alcoholic beverage. Or two.
4. Watch Fahrenheit 9-11.
5. Invite Michael Moore over to watch.
6. Read. Anything.
7. Donate to the Democratic Party.
8. Denounce the war.
9. Start a countdown calendar to 2008.
10. Have some hedonistic sex.
11. Visit Canada.
12. Speak French.
13. Give peace a chance.
14. Speak with absolutely no hint of a drawl.
15. Read Bill Clinton's book.
16. Write a letter to a legislator.
17. Participate in a spelling bee.
18. Volunteer for President Carter's Habitat for Humanity.
19. Praise stem-cell researchers.
20. Vacation in a blue state.
21. Celebrate women's choice today.
22. Be tolerant.
23. Listen to Air America Radio.
24. Buy a "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for him" t-shirt.
25. Watch reruns of The West Wing.
26. Avoid committing human rights violations.
27. Hug a friend who's still out of work.
28. Be honest.
29. Try to figure out the difference between code yellow and code orange.
30. Lean to the left.
31. Sing along to the Dixie Chicks.
32. Put a few extra dollars in savings...you'll need it at retirement.
33. Apologize to any non-Americans you know.
34. Brush up on the rules for impeachment.
35. Buy a "The President Quayle we never had" bumper sticker.
36. Say "nu-clee-ar" over and over and over...
37. Attend a MENSA meeting.
38. Take your "alternative lifestyle" friends out for lunch.
39. Give a hoot, don't pollute.
40. Remember the good ol' days with Monica Lewinsky.
41. Buy the twins a couple rounds of margaritas.
42. Cry. You're entitled.
43. Sleep until tomorrow.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow. I hope you're much better now. That's kind of an extreme reaction to something with so little ultimate meaning.

No matter how great (or ungreat) you are, ultimately, NOTHING you do can change the fate of the universe (but everything you do will bring the universe closer to it's fate :).

Hamlet himself, the author of Shakspeare (the box office hit) once said, 'Ya know, Caesar himself could be this brick in my wall...' (well something like that; I don't remember the exact wording).

Whether the universe decides to collapse into a spec of ultra extremely gigantically ludicrously dense material, or spill out over the voids until the last solid body (and brain) evaporates into nothingness, you will be able to do exactly nothing, no matter how great a president we have.

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.