Skip to main content

Day Two - Huh? Whad'ya say?!

After the damage repair crew visited yesterday, we had a half dozen industrial fans and several mammoth dehumidifiers strategically arranged around our home to dry everything out. We were told that if they don't start drying it in 72 hours, mold starts growing. And we all know how Tim and Amy feel about that.

Long story short - we're in the Holiday Inn Express, courtesy of the MRGs (that'd be Moron Roofing Guys), and we will be "vacationing" in Coralville until Monday a.m. It's football weekend here, Iowa vs. Wisconsin, so we're probably the only people in the hotel NOT tailgating today. We opted not to stay in the house because we can't hear ourselves think, with the constant fan noise, which closely resembles the roar of a jet engine.

Actually, we're spending most of the day keeping an eagle eye on said MRGs after another of their potentially endless screw ups. They started shingling over wet tar paper this a.m. Now I'm no roofing expert (kinda scary that they are supposed to be), but even I know that a layer of wet paper between wood and shingles equals Moldfest 2004. So Tim narc'd on them to their boss (because no one on the crew speaks a lick of English) and they had to rip it all out and start over. And so, in addition to being morons, they really hate us...which isn't a great combo. Watch them put all the shingles on inside-out, just for spite.

And our poor Dolcekitty. She's so angst-ridden, what with all the boot clomping, yelling, fans blowing, phones ringing, I'm going to have to go score some feline valium for her.

Oh, and for your multicultural lesson today...the Spanish word for mold is molde. And the word for moron is, in fact, moron. So perhaps there's not such a language barrier after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holy Separated-At-Birth, Batman!

Gary Oldman...meet Uncle Knit-Knots from Imagination Movers.

Hair

This has become the age-old question...Why do men hate short hair on women? I've been thinking about this a lot because my current style, an angled bob, requires a bunch of fussing every morning to get it to do anything. My favorite haircut of all time, as far as ease of care, was my pixie cut. I loved that I could wash it, gel it, and be done. No blow drying or flattening or curling. Just gel and go. Very sporty. I thought it looked cute. My husband has another opinion. The longer the better is his motto. Thing is, my hair becomes an unruly, tangled, nappy mop when it gets long. If I had all the time in the world and Jennifer Aniston's budget, I'd be more than happy to grow it long and have others style it every day. In real life, I guess I'd rather go for comfort and convenience. And if you ask me, I think the pixie is dang cute. I suspect heterosexual men aren't hot on short hair, in general, because it's too much like their own hair. No matter how much jewel

Ho, Ho, Ho, How Many Times Can I Use "I'm too busy" as an Excuse?

I haven't had time to write. Work, swim meet volunteering, holiday decorating and shopping. But truthfully, I've not been in much of a mood to write anything anyway. Last night we put up the tree and Santa chachkies, and I drank my first egg nog of the season, so perhaps I'll be in a cheerier mood. Also, I have spent some time writing the annual Schoon holiday newsletter. If you happen to get a copy, treat it like a drinking game. Every time I make you roll your eyes, take a drink. Nog, wassail, Everclear. Whatever gets you through. One sure way to assist with merriment motivation is listening to Christmas carols. I'm not going to get into a debate over what truly constitutes a carol. You can "Jesus is the reason for the season" yourself until you turn blue; I generally lean toward the secular end of the holiday tune spectrum. And if you just gasped at my use of holiday instead of Christmas, go suck on a candy cane. It's my blog and my opinions. Deal.